The dream of most of the Indian Nurses is to go to USA and work there. There are diverse reasons for nurses to take care of this ambition right from their college days. Below mentioned are few steps and requirements that needs to be taken by foreign, mainly for the Indian nurses to go abroad are listed.
- The Educational qualification requirement for nurses to work in USA should be graduated from any accredited institute from candidate’s country of origin.
- The candidate should hold a valid registration in the nursing council in the country and also have a license as a registered nurse and needs experience of minimum two years which may help in speed up the process of application.
- Further if you don’t possess any of the required qualifications then you need to complete the course work in USA. This course work could include classroom learning as well as clinical work under the supervision of a registered nurse.
- There are different tests accessible that the nurses need to take any one of them based on the requirement of the employer. The tests like Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) are the two common tests that are preferred. Pass the National Council Licensing Examination – Registered Nurse (NCLEX – RN). Moreover the Indian nurses can take this exam in their own country.
- RN Visa interview and medical examination process. These are all formalities after the difficult process that has been completed and at last the candidates file is sent by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) to the National Visa Center (NVC) for further processing.
- The embassy will issue a visa for you after you successfully clear the visa interview, which is likely to be the last hurdle before you start working in the USA as a nurse.
- It is important that every nurse who uses the help of an agent to go abroad tries to avoid unscrupulous ones. This will help you in avoiding losing money.