By admin / 26 Jan 2021
Before applying for the RN license of USA, you need to meet the basic criteria:
- Possess degree from a recognized registered nursing program
- Gain a RN license from your parent country
- Work experience of two years as an RN
- First need to pass the NCLEX-RN exam and this is a requirement of both American and international nurses.
- As a requirement for an RN license in the U.S., you’ll need to take an English-language proficiency exam.
- You’ll need to submit transcripts from the institutions where you earned your highest secondary education and your nursing degree to the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (CGFNS).
- Once you’ve completed the credentials evaluation, you’ll receive authorization to take the CGFNS Qualifying Exam.
- You’ll need to apply for a visa to work in the U.S. To complete the visa screen administered by the CGFNS.
- With verified credentials and passing test scores, you can apply for your RN license through your state’s board of nursing.